Powder vs. Ready-to-drink (RTD)
If you’re new to the world of complete food you will almost immediately notice that there are two groups of people: those who swear by ready-to drink food (RTD) and those who believe that powder is the only way to go. Most people feel compelled to exclusively join one of the two camps, however, we believe that you can enjoy the best of both worlds. For most customers, it boils down to making a decision between convenience (RTD) and price (obviously powder).
But let’s have a deeper look at the key benefits of both powdered and RTD complete food.
This is the more traditional approach to complete food and there are many reasons why SATURO also welcomed powder to the family:
- Customizable calorie count / portions
- You can get creative by adding different fruits, milk, nuts, etc.
- Significantly cheaper than RTD (easier to produce & ship)
- Takes up less space than RTD and you don’t have to worry about storage
- Less packaging waste
- Ideal for light travelling (airport, hiking, …)
All of this makes Powder ideal for those who:
- Have more experience with nutrition and complete food and know exactly what they want
- Want more diversity and customizability
- Plan to go on an adventure abroad
- Have a tighter budget but still want to eat healthily
Is the more convenient way of consuming complete food. Initially, this was the only type of complete food SATURO offered and here’s why:
- No preparation or cleaning time
- No blender or shaker necessary
- Ideal for counting calories
- The texture is smoother due to the standardized filling process
- Grab & go, ideal for your fridge in busy times
All of this makes ready-to-drink ideal for those who:
- Are just starting to eat healthily
- Are on the road the whole day and need a healthy and filling alternative to fast food
- Are students and professionals that have too much on their plate already and don’t have time to prepare food
- Are feeling a bit lazy (who doesn’t sometimes) but still want the benefits of a nutritionally balanced and healthy meal
Sometimes you have no time and just want to grab a meal and get down to business. At other times you want the option to customize your drink a bit more. Either way, we believe that there is no reason to choose just one approach to complete food and encourage you to try both our Powder and RTD.
PS: Did we miss your use case for powder or drink completely? Let us know and we will share with your fellow Saturians!